RBD Object won't come to rest.

6172   6   2
14 posts
I have an object that is elevated off the Ground plane. I assigned it an RBD Object. When I hit play, it falls to the ground plane an more or less comes to rest but it keeps slightly vibrating in a sense.

How can I stop this? After it has rested around a certain frame I want it to change to a static type geometry or something and be done.

After that I will add some fluid emitters to emit liquid onto the top of the object and some more things..

Am I approaching this correctly? Quite new here..

Thanks for your expertise and experience…
Staff
809 posts
Look at RBD Auto Freeze to do this automatically based on the amount of movement of the object.

Or RBD KeyframeActive to switch from active to static manually at a specific frame.
14 posts
Right on, I was actually just trying this based off another post I read. I don't know enough to even tell where to put it and what input-outputs it should have.. Super new guy.

I drilled into Autodrop Network and Added it. Is the that right area even?

Thanks!
Staff
2540 posts
Yep. RBD Auto Freeze is a Dynamics DOP operator so it can only be added in a DOP network.

I'd insert it in to the network right after the first RBD Object node. That way the conext is limited to the RBD DOP objects created in that DOP node.
There's at least one school like the old school!
14 posts
jeff
Yep. RBD Auto Freeze is a Dynamics DOP operator so it can only be added in a DOP network.

I'd insert it in to the network right after the first RBD Object node. That way the conext is limited to the RBD DOP objects created in that DOP node.

Excellent, and does it “Default” values normally do the job, or what do I need to understand about setting it?

Modifying Threshold?

Thanks!
Staff
2540 posts
Default values should be fine.
As you noted the only real parameter you need to tweak is the threshold which is the speed at which the object is moving before it is removed from the simulation.
If the object get's kicked again, it has velocity again and it is included in the sim again (is that even English?).
There's at least one school like the old school!
14 posts
jeff
Default values should be fine.
As you noted the only real parameter you need to tweak is the threshold which is the speed at which the object is moving before it is removed from the simulation.
If the object get's kicked again, it has velocity again and it is included in the sim again (is that even English?).

Thank you millions! It finally stopped! Lol.. Man, what a learning experience. quite sure I won't forget it..

Thank you again..
  • Quick Links