Unable to load texture 'op:...'

12148   5   1
7 posts
I have a problem using the op path in a shader.

I'm trying to load a certain COP operator into my shader as a bump-map. The shader network works fine using an image file texture, but doesn't work if I try to use the following:
opimg/img1/Bump_OUT

I've tried using both 8 and 16 bit images, as I read this could be the problem. I get the error:
Unable to load texture ‘opimg/img1/Bump_OUT’.
and of course my bump-map is gone.

Interestingly, when I was testing my texture (as a color) with the UVquickshade node, it applied correctly. Can I use this method to apply a texture and then read that into my shader perhaps?

EDIT: It just worked once, then didn't work after I saved the file and re-opened, so this might be a bug. I'm using 10.0.295, going to give the newest build a try as soon as I get to a house with faster internet access.
229 posts
that does not work since you're in mantra when the shading happens and you dont have any node-structure anymore.

Seb
7 posts
Ah, that explains it.

Is there another way to use an image texture without writing it out?

The main reason for this is that the image changes every frame, and since I'm testing and tweaking a few individual frames, I don't want to write out the whole sequence every time.

Kai
691 posts
Post your HIP file, because I always work with the op: in my shaders when I need to reference textures from COPs, and it works smoothly.

The only think that is bad using this method, is that the translation of the scene is slow if there are many many textures in COPs because of the recooking of the nodes.

Attachments:
op_ItWorks!!!.hipnc (196.9 KB)

Feel The Knowledge, Kiss The Goat!!!
http://www.linkedin.com/in/alejandroecheverry [linkedin.com]
http://vimeo.com/lordpazuzu/videos [vimeo.com]
5 posts
hello,

followup question after a few years,

i am using this to connect a cop to a vopsop, it works a frame 1, but when i play it it crashes directly, any ideas.

should mention the texture file and the particles are animated.
26 posts
I apologize for reviving an old thread, but this is the top google search result for what I was just experiencing myself so I want to share what I just learned.

in 16.5.488, I was getting the “mantra: Unable to load texture ‘op:…’” error and managed to fix it by using a parameter node to send my op:path and setting the “ogl_tex1” tag set to 1.
  • Quick Links