Domino scene

7225   7   1
4 posts
I'am trying to contruct a Domino scene, but I'am having difficulty turning them in different directions, I dont know if that makes sense. Ok, so I'll restate it; I would like to be able to control the individual direcitons of each domino when i mass produce them using the (i think) copy node. So can someone give me a detailed explanation of the entire process itself, or point me in the direction of a video that adresses this, I would really appreciate it. Also, if any one has any suggestions for obstacles to make the dominoes go through or snazzy patterns that would be awesome too.
257 posts
This will help, http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1242&Itemid=255 [sidefx.com]

If you are planning to do more like Rube GoldBerg, you probably can find more helpful stuff from sidefx.com tutorials.

eitht.
856 posts
Here, aligning objects with curves. Hope it helps.

Attachments:
Clipboard01.jpg (206.9 KB)
arrows.hip (135.0 KB)

--
Jobless
257 posts
Love the pigs, i would imagine them jiggling as they move. ^^
4 posts
Thanks eitht; but could u elaborate on the rube goldberg concept that sounds interesting, and is there a specific video on it?
Btw the pig thing looks neat
257 posts
This is one example of it, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCYg_gz4fDo [youtube.com]

Go Mythbusters!

There are a lot more cooler examples in youtube. You could start off with doing simple dominos with RBD objects first, then move on to more complex setup like the rube goldberg machine. Look into pin, hinge, nail or spring constraints (They may be named differently in Houdini as i did mine in Maya)

eitht.
4 posts
Wow, thanx
4 posts
Hi i have done it before, My Domino scene will construct base on what the user have type by using the font nodes.

Below is my workflow

In the same level as the font nodes, i use an object_merge nodes follow by a resample nodes with along Arc option selected.

Thereafter i using a sweep notes that is connected to the sphere and points nodes.

After that i called in a box nodes, then with the sweep nodes, i connect them to the copy node.

Hope it is useful to you
  • Quick Links