3DEqualizer To Houdini - Problem - Solved

3609   2   1
5 posts
Hello. I have a problem transferring the tracked data from 3DEqualizer4 into Houdini. 3DEqualizer can export the tracked data into a fbx file but the problem is when i then import it into Houdini, the image begins to bounce around not matching the animation. “The footage lenght is from 0 - 557” But in houdini will the timeline change to 1-577 so the animation of the camera is longer than the footage file.

I know it is a bit confusing but try to import the fbx file. I can't find a solution, so any help would be gladly appreciated.

I can't send the footage in image format, so tell me if i should upload the original.

Footage: Fps 29.97 :?
Edited by - Feb. 9, 2013 10:26:04

Attachments:
3dequalizer to houdini.rar (63.2 KB)

Benjamin Starostka Jakobsen
1 posts
Dumb guess - are you getting 3DE to calculate out lens distortion? If so, try setting the err.. i think it was screen window size multiplier to match the multiplier to go from your original plate to the distorted plate.

(this assumes that you've got the frame ranges syncing up of course)
5 posts
It was pretty damn dumb. I just exported the tracking data with fbx. into Houdini and then changed the timeline to match the footage sequence, and then i set the framerate. The problem was Houdini imports the data so the timeline gets longer then the footage sequence.

Thanks for your help anyway.
Benjamin Starostka Jakobsen
  • Quick Links