[MAYA] OTL Bake Tool

4106   3   2
1 posts
Hi!
I'm trying to build an OTL asset that includes a render-to-texture feature.
I would like to render out a vertex color map.
The OTL have to be used in Maya, using meshes and splines as input and producing a mesh and a texture on disk.

Well….I have everything working less the render to texture part.
Inside the OTL geometry node I have an objnet container for holding the camera and the ambient light. I also have a ropnet for the mantra node.

I'm trying to use relative references for the mantra node needed objects (camera, light and UV object) but simply doesn't work. At the best case I get a message like “Unable to find UV object ../<my path>” and a black texture.

I would like to know if it 's possible at all doing a bake tool like that to be used in Maya.

Thanks!
1799 posts
Try wrapping your relative paths on this expression:

`opfullpath(“../../someRelativePath”)`

I believe the issue is that the mantra rop node does need full paths fed into it to pass to the renderer. This expression will resolve itself to full paths once passed to the renderer and you should not get that issue anymore.

Hope it helps!
-G
1799 posts
ok I think I have a repro-able case, using 13.0.578:

in maya 2015 -

load the included OTL file (it just creates a sphere with colors, with a button for rendering to UVs)
Press the render button in the node (output path should default to c:\testMaya.tif)
notice that the image is generated as expected

in maya 2014

load the included OTL file (it just creates a sphere with colors, with a button for rendering to UVs)
Press the render button in the node (output path should default to c:\testMaya.tif)
Maya Crashes

It appears that this issue is related to maya 2014. I am going to submit this to support as well with the same notes

Attachments:
testBakeAsset.otl (31.0 KB)

-G
818 posts
This is yet another conflict that Houdini Engine is having with Maya, and it only happens on Windows. It took a while to track down the cause, but I finally managed to workaround/fix this conflict. It should be fixed in today's build (13.0.602).
Andrew / アンドリュー
  • Quick Links