Uknown extension

10853   10   4
153 posts
I have installed Houdini
I`m using unreal 4.7.4,no hda support in import options…
3 posts
James_Burg
I have installed Houdini
I`m using unreal 4.7.4,no hda support in import options…

me too :? :?
8 posts
Hey guys - I had the same problem and I fixed it by copying the plug in from the Houdini folder to the Unreal folder - I found the Houdini plug in for Unreal in

C:\Program Files\Side Effects Software\Houdini 14.0.291\engine\unreal\4.7

and I copied it (the whole Houdini subfolder) to

C:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\4.7\Engine\Plugins

hope that helps!
153 posts
GeeksGoneBad you cool,
Thanks!
it seems to work now.
2 posts
thanks so much for providing that solution!!! It now works. I just don't understand 1)why the Houidini support is not fixing or addressing this and 2)Why i can't find alot of Unreal users asking this question. Maybe I just haven't seen the posts. But thanks so much!!!!
678 posts
Malo Sal
1)why the Houidini support is not fixing or addressing this and

Engine is in Beta. If you find a bug, and you got some confirmations from other users, go to Support => Submit bugs and RFEs, which you can find in menu of this site, and then just log the bug.
25 posts
this is important, as there's no clue ,if you don't get to read this post.
I just could not understand what was happenning either !
300 posts
mantragora
Malo Sal
1)why the Houidini support is not fixing or addressing this and

Engine is in Beta. If you find a bug, and you got some confirmations from other users, go to Support => Submit bugs and RFEs, which you can find in menu of this site, and then just log the bug.

its just that thois version was made for Unreal 4.7.3 and 4.6
and just as it was released everyone automatically got updated to 4.7.4
its just unfortunate timing.

that said it would be ideal if it worked straight out of the box
402 posts
The Houdini installer will always install the Unreal plugin (if selected) in Houdini's install location. Additionally, for convenience and easy of use, the installer will attempt to also copy the plugin into the correct plugins folder for the correct version of Unreal.

There are probably other reasons why the additional UE4 plugin installation step would fail but one reason is not enough privileges. If you ran the Houdini installer as a non-admin then it would fail to copy the UE4 plugin into C:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\4.7\Engine\Plugins.

One question for you is whether you installed Houdini itself in the default C:\Program Files\Side Effects Software\Houdini 14.0.291 location.

As mantragora said, this is beta software and docs is lagging a bit behind functionality. We're working on docs. But this particular problem is not 100% unavoidable in the future as we depend on UE4 and Windows to do the right things.
237 posts
i am glad this post is in here and not only submitted as a bug report, I needed it.
Robert Kelly
25 posts
meshsmooth
i am glad this post is in here and not only submitted as a bug report, I needed it.
Yes
  • Quick Links