Different Density for different piece of RBD Fracture

6493   5   0
72 posts
Hi

I just to know how can i set different density attribute for each piece of RBD Fracture object.
please consider that i using Packed pieces.

I add density point attribute to pieces in the Geometry network ,But seems like this attribute doesn't read in the AutoDopNetwork !

Thanks all
30 posts
In your dopnet on your rbd packed object, turn on overwrite attribute from sop and type density.

I have had issues in 15 (may have been an early version or may have been me)with density not changing anything in my scene, but setting mass worked ok. Pretty sure you need to turn off compute mass on your packed object though.
72 posts
Thanks ,I did your solution and it's work perfectly.

The only problem is adding random mass attribute in the packed object.
If I add mass attribute after setup_packed_prims node ,it's work perfectly ,But becuase of packed object ,I don't have access to the point's attributes such as $PT.(so i can't add random mass)

If I add mass attribute before setup_packed_prims node , seems like this attribute doesn't import in the AutoDopNetwok.

So what should I do ?

Thanks
30 posts

If you just want a random value, put down a point wrangle after you've packed and before you bring into dops ….

f@mass = (rand(@ptnum) * 300 ) + 200;

This will give you a random value between 200 and 500.

Cheers

Craig

EDIT

Not sure why you can't use $PT as each primitive should have a point unless you have packed everything into one object(point). I usually pack using the assemble sop which will pack based on connected primitives plus other useful things. Or you can just use a pack sop and use the pack as fractured checkbox(can't remember what it's called but it's something like that).
Edited by craigthailand - July 12, 2016 11:10:15
72 posts
So Thanks.

This method working perfectly ,But I'm just carious why I don't have access to the $PT (in AttributeCreate SOP) after setup_packed_prims node while I have access to @ptnum in the pointwrangle SOP after setup_packed_prims very well !?
30 posts
you do have access to $PT , well i do anyway. Just did a quick test and works as expected. My guess would be that you are trying to put $PT in the default float field and not in the value float field.

Craig
  • Quick Links