H16 Translate cube on multi-axis with grid snap on - Cube spazzes all over the place

2045   5   0
6 posts
Hey guys,

What I did was this,

c) Used the Radial menu to create a cube
x) Set grid snap on

Then used the multi axis gizmo on XY to move the cube around, it spazzes all over the place.
4189 posts
do you mean it's snapping to the grid?
1755 posts
LOL

Kreegerrr, the reason it spasms when you move it on XY is because the grid is a perpendicular plane to the XY and the points you're picking for snapping are most likely (except those contained by the intersection line between the grid and XY planes) not belonging to both planes and since you're not allowing the object to move on Z as well, it snaps in unpredictable ways (not really, unpredictable to the naked eye).
6 posts
Ohh I see what it's doing.. Thanks!

When I move the cube very slowly, I can see it temporarily snap to a grid point but as soon as I move off that grid point, the cube resets to it's starting position. If you move it at a decent speed, it makes it flicker back and forth.

The behavior should probably be, when it's close to a point, it snaps to it but as you move off it, it should go back to the mouse position and not it's starting point?
1755 posts
Kreegrrr .
The behavior should probably be, when it's close to a point, it snaps to it but as you move off it, it should go back to the mouse position and not it's starting point?

But that's exactly what happens - it's going back to the mouse cursor position, not its starting point. At least on my end.
4189 posts
Broadly speaking if the viewport interaction had an update like the network view had in H16, then we'd be set. Feels like it needs more intelligence/features to know what the user is wanting.
  • Quick Links