FBX Importer - Issue with "Import Null Nodes as Subnets"

1376   1   1
15 posts
Hi all,

I'm having issues with importing FBX files into Houdini recently. The option “Import Null Nodes as Subnets” ceased to work for me. I could swear that at some point (Houdini 15.0) it worked as described (as I understand it) in the documentation:

If enabled, create a separate (nested) subnet for each null you find in the FBX.

What I'm getting with the versions of Houdini I have at hand (15.5 16 16.5) is that regardless of the option enabled or disabled, I get a single subnet with the hierarchy of the FBX re-created with connected Null nodes ending at the leaf with a geometry node.

Can anyone confirm if he/she is able to import a FBX as a group of nested subnets instead?

Note: The reason why I want nested subnets is that I need to retain the transform and shape names of the original FBX within Houdini because I need to later export it again with the same hierarchy and naming. And if imported into the same subnet, node names need to be unique for Houdini which is why it is altering the node names.

Thanks all,

Daniel
Edited by rayfoundry - Dec. 21, 2017 07:16:12
15 posts
This is still an issue for me. Can anyone please confirm if it is working for them? Thanks.
  • Quick Links