You'll find the full job description below.
Please send all applications and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technical Houdini Artist - 343 Industries (9794)
A renowned game studio currently working on AAA title is looking for a Technical Houdini Artist who will support the environment art team. We are looking for an experienced Houdini generalists with experience in games and tools development. This position requires a technically minded Houdini artist who has an obsessive eye for details and passion for ensuring game content consistently meets a visual and performance high bar. Strong collaboration and great communication skills are essential as this role will be involve working closely with both engineers and content creators.
- Create a wide variety of Houdini digital assets for use with Houdini Engine, including terrain generation, simulations, procedural placements etc.
- Help unblocking artists from doing repetitive and consuming work by developing comprehensive tools.
- Set up and manage technical Houdini pipelines related to level production (i.e. source file management/streaming/visibility/collision/physics materials).
- Work with tools developers to augment and enhance content creation and level tools.
Qualifications and Skills
- Extensive experience with Houdini/Houdini Engine required.
- Experience with Autodesk Maya, Photoshop required. Expertise in other 3D software packages will be considered.
- Programming and/or scripting experience with Python required. Expertise with other languages as HLSL, CGFX, Mel will be considered.
- Candidate should have strong knowledge of modern game environment development principles and techniques.
- Knowledge of rendering budgets and technical constraints related to performance in real-time engines.
- 2 or more years professional development experience on pc and consoles preferred.
- Candidate should have strong time management and communication skills.
- Candidates should also be able to rapidly grasp new technical concepts and quickly become proficient in new content tool chains.
- Experience writing documentation and training guides