Do you want to come and work at a vibrant and passionate animation studio, based in the beautiful city of Edinburgh? If the answer is yes, then check out our current job opening below.
We are a small and perfectly formed animation studio based in Edinburgh with a diverse and interesting range of projects in the pipeline, from documentary features to original shorts, working in 2d, 3d and vfx.
Edinburgh is the beautiful, historic and vibrant capital city of Scotland. With a blossoming creative arts scene and great access to the rest of Scotland it offers the best of both city living and the great outdoors.
We are recruiting for a senior level 3D artist for a full-time position at the studio.
Ideally the candidate should have a minimum of 4 years production experience, with some of that time spent in a more senior artist role. This timescale is negotiable depending on an applicant’s portfolio. A generalist 3d skill-set is required, with strong lighting and compositing also being an advantage. The role will entail most aspects of 3d production, with a focus on modelling, texturing, lighting and compositing, with rigging and animation, if covered within the candidates range of skills.
If you have a more technical mindset then there is also scope for contributing to the development of our studio pipeline and procedures.
Start date is negotiable depending on the right candidate for the position, but we are aiming for immediately.
If you relish the prospect of working in a dynamic, growing animation studio this could be the perfect position for you.
- working on all aspects of 3d content for studio projects from modelling to lighting and compositing
- working closely with a project’s creative team, directors and clients to define the best approach and execution for projects
- Artistic Requirements
- a generalist 3d skill-set
- strong lighting and compositing a bonus
- portfolio showing both photo-realistic and stylized 3d examples
- an attention to detail and ability to self-critique
- minimum of 4 years production experience
- excellent problem solving skills
- an ability to guide and direct junior members of the team
- a strong track record in successfully delivering projects within deadlines, whilst meeting the required quality and
- currently be able to work in the UK.
- able to be located on-site in Edinburgh
Technical Requirements (bonus)
familiarity with the following software would be a bonus (but not essential)Substance (Painter & designer),Photoshop
Houdini, Maya, Zbrush, Nuke
- scripting and coding skills a bonus
To apply, please send your CV, cover letter and links to an online showreel or portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org