Tutorial series suggestion

1442   0   0
8 posts
Hello,
I would like to suggest tutorial series for game developers.
I believe right now there is a massive gap regarding needs of small indie developers.
I am a game programmer (Unity), I would like to make few small personal projects and the big problem I am facing is the art. I cannot really afford an artist so I decided I am gonna learn basic 3d to create simple assets myself.

Here comes Houdini with it's procedural workflow and engine that can be used in Unity. Great stuff!

Unfortunately there is no consistent set of tutorials that would teach me how to do some very basic things plus the learning curve is quite steep for someone who doesn't have lots of free time and not much experience with 3D. There is excellent Guard Tower tutorial but I believe it is not enough.

I think lots of tiny devs would love series about how to:
- procedurally make floating islands / platforms + procedurally texture them
- procedurally make level elements such as rocks, trees, bridges, fences etc
- procedurally make modular elements for dungeons (good looking walls made of brick, stone etc; arches, stairs etc)
- model, rig and animate a character + skin it using the same rig (so you could create multiple characters easily)

Ideally things made should be decent looking, quick to make low poly geometry. Right now there are few tutorials covering some aspects of it but either they are way to long and complicated or they are missing some useful parts.

Just my little input
Best regards
  • Quick Links