Inconsistent export of vertex animation textures

1934   1   0
17 posts
Hey guys I'm really having trouble reproducing the inconsistencies with vertex animation export of the “Sprite” method. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. What seems to happen frequently is it'll cease to export by just saying the bounding box is 0x0 and it'll export 1x1 textures. The only thing I can piece together is that it'll work sometimes by dropping a certain new node into the geometry container that i'm trying to export. But other times adding a new node (like an attribute wrangle) seems to then force this no export behavior. My hip file wont be particularly useful as it relies on caches and alembics that are large and I cannot upload them. But has anyone else experienced this cycle where sometimes it'll export and then sometimes it'll start to just output 1x1 textures forever? It's crippling truthfully.. its such an amazing tool and its devastating to spend days troubleshooting THIS part of it..
17 posts
I don't truly understand how the tool works under the hood but the inconsistency of this (hey sometimes i make a new one and it'll export.. for a bit) makes me think there's some kind of caching going on under the hood that doesn't get cleared. but that's just my intuition.. who knows..
  • Quick Links