Heightfield Split Tile Seams

2139   2   2
2 posts
Hi guys,

I got a question about the split tile workflow with Heightfields.

I have a large area that I am slicing a bunch of times and resampling based on which tiles are closer to camera that I want to get more resolution out of.

In between split tiles there are apparent seams and the option to “Tile Lower/Upper Overlap” is great because it has the right idea to fill in the gap but it doesn't exactly do the job for me. I am still getting obvious seams.

Here is a screen shot below, this is 2 split tiles merged together with “Tile Upper Overlap” value set to 1, which connect the two separate edges but still leaves a seam.

Let me know what are your thoughts and if there is a better workflow for what I am trying to achieve.

Cheers!

Attachments:
HF_seams1.JPG (60.8 KB)

54 posts
meet this problem too, use heightfieldOutput to split the terrain ,and use heightfieldFile recreat the big terrain loading the splited heightmap,has seam too.How make the big terrain work flow ?
Edited by dreamerflyer19 - Oct. 31, 2020 05:40:34

Attachments:
s.png (700.5 KB)

12 posts
Hi,

I'm having the exact same issue with exporting a tiled heightmap from Houdini to UE4. I have attached my export settings and how the terrain looks when imported into the engine.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Changing the tile overlap does not help, any other value than 1 makes them split open.

Thank you,
Choix

Attachments:
settings.PNG (32.6 KB)
seams_UE4.PNG (832.8 KB)

• Quick Links