We are looking for an experienced Houdini artist to join our game-dev team!
Here is what we have shared of our current project so far:
Horizon Forbidden West - Announcement Trailer | PS5 [www.youtube.com]
Horizon Forbidden West - State of Play Gameplay Reveal | PS5 [www.youtube.com]
Create procedural systems to build astonishing virtual words in real-time 3D graphics!
Guerrilla's Tech Art Team works closely with other teams (Art, Tools, QA) to support efficient asset
generation and management. Using a unique combo of technical skill and artistic insight, our Tech Artists
create the connective tissue between Art and Code.
Technical Artists at Guerrilla
Guerrilla, the Amsterdam-based studio behind the critically acclaimed action RPG Horizon Zero Dawn and the upcoming Horizon Forbidden West is looking for a Senior Houdini Artist with extensive experience building procedural systems to join its Tech Art team and help build virtual worlds that push real-time 3D graphics to the limit.
What you will do
As a member of the Tech Art Team, you will have access to state-of-the-art real world data, artist created content and innovative rendering technology to help create procedural systems to generate and populate large areas, automate workflows, and optimize content.In this role, you will:
- Create technically challenging assets to populate the game worlds in accordance with the artistic direction, design requirements and production deadlines;
- Develop new procedural tools or pipelines for: assembling dynamic assets, to assist in the authoring of roads or rivers; object placement, to enrich or optimize existing art assets;
- Ensure a high quality final look, through close collaboration with game designers, programmers, artist and producers;
- Contribute to and improve upon the existing collection of in-house Houdini Digital Assets and workflow improvements.;
- Research and prototype useful methods for automating the development of game worlds with Houdini;
- Act as a bridge between Art, Programming and the other teams in the studio.
Who you are
- You have multiple years of previous game and/or film industry experience and/or have shipped at least one AAA game title;
- You are highly experienced with Houdini and procedural/automated methods for creating asset pipelines;
- You have experience with the Houdini scripting APIs, writing expressions, VEX, and using Python to create pipelines to move content between Houdini and other applications;
- You have experience and understanding of using Houdini Engine to augment another engine such as Unreal or equivalent;
- You have a good knowledge of DCC tools such as Maya and texture creation tools like Substance Painter, Substance Designer and Photoshop;
- You are able to anticipate the needs of the (level) artists in order to streamline their productivity;
- You are able to create systems that are flexible and art directable, enabling hand-edited changes as needed when specific requests arise;
- You have solid communication skills and are a strong team-player;
- You have a passion for games and a strong game culture.
A full-time position in a dynamic and challenging work environment, with excellent primary and secondary benefits and relocation (if required). You will get to work with some of the world’s most talented game developers, in our studio in the heart of Amsterdam!
If you are up for the challenge, hit the “apply now” button on the linked web page [www.guerrilla-games.com] to submit your application to us. Be sure to submit your CV and a portfolio or show reel that shows your best and most recent work. We also welcome a motivation letter expressing your interest for the role and Guerrilla.
Hope to hear from you soon!
But please contact our HR department though the given link because I'm quite busy at the moment ;-)