Material ID map for Substance/Mixer/Texturing

1717   1   0
13 posts
Hi all. I'm banging my head against the wall trying to output a clean "materialid" map for texturing. I tried the labs simple baker and the labs map baker. They don't work for me, I'm doing something wrong. Rather than explain all the mistakes I made can someone help me with the proper workflow? I found a way to get out a materialid pass by renaming the base color map to "materialid" but in Quixel Mixer there are 3 colors and I have a weird gap in between the material ids that just isn't going to work. I should just have 2 ids, not 3. I can't get a clean separation. I'm coloring the prims in Houdini. Thanks for the help!

Edited by theshizon - Oct. 3, 2022 23:13:19

Attachments:
Capture2.JPG (135.8 KB)
Capture.JPG (100.0 KB)

13 posts
Aha, so I got it working. Well kinda a bonehead fix. What the problem was in the Labs Maps Baker node, the "Material ID seed" was set to 46, and unless I zoomed in to the map, I could not tell that it randomly picked 2 red colors that were very close, almost indistinguishable from one another. I just changed the seed and it wrote out 2 different colors for the materialid. I also got rid of the seam with a Labs Soften Normals node, set the soft angle to 0, checked on Harden UV seams and set the Hard angle to 180 and it seemed to do the trick!
Edited by theshizon - Oct. 4, 2022 12:26:37

Attachments:
Capture.JPG (140.9 KB)

• Quick Links