Movement of a fluid along a certain trajectory

1146   4   1
6 posts
Guys! Hello everyone! Help me approach the solution of the problem. It consists of two stages:
1.Create a curved line projected onto the scan figure in the form of human veins. How to make it?
2. I want liquid to rise from the legs to the head through these veins, along them from the bottom up. What should be the emitter? how to make the liquid move exactly along these vein trajectories?
Unfortunately, I have not found anything like this yet, I will be very grateful for any help!

Attachments:
qustion.jpg (995.1 KB)

2536 posts
You could checkout this file for fluid along a curve.
https://hdbp.io/xkthDqwg [hdbp.io]
There are lots of ways to make curves. Try surrounding your skeleton mesh with a wide radius helix, then use a ray node to project it onto the surface. Supply that curve to the fluid setup.
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
6 posts
Thanks a lot man!!!
731 posts
Of course if you want fine control of the curve paths, you can simply use the draw curve SOP to draw your path directly on the geo, and then use the volume velocity from curves SOP to make the velocity fields for your fluid to flow along. EDIT: Whoops I see that Enivob's link used the draw curve tool.
Edited by mrCatfish - Feb. 6, 2023 08:43:28
Sean Lewkiw
CG Supervisor
Machine FX - Cinesite MTL
6 posts
mrCatfish
Of course if you want fine control of the curve paths, you can simply use the draw curve SOP to draw your path directly on the geo, and then use the volume velocity from curves SOP to make the velocity fields for your fluid to flow along. EDIT: Whoops I see that Enivob's link used the draw curve tool.
Thank you so much!!
  • Quick Links