Error message

8432   5   0
18 posts
I keep getting the following error message prior to Houdini: Your driver settings have been set to 4X antialiasing in Open GL applications. This will cause visual artifacts in Houdini. It is recommended that you turn this off in the graphics driver. I'm using an ATI HD3650 GPU. How and where do I turn this issue off?
7722 posts
I'll assume you're on Windows. I don't have that particular ATI video card but the settings should be in roughly in the same place.

Right-click on your desktop and choose Catalyst Control Center.

In the left tree control, click on 3D > Anti-Aliasing.
Find the checkbox on the right now that says “Use application settings”. Turn that ON.

Now go to 3D > Adaptive Anti-Aliasing. Make sure “Enable Adaptive Anti-Aliasing” is turned OFF.

Hit OK.

Restart Houdini.

(edited for grammar)
Edited by - 2008年10月6日 16:34:46
18 posts
That worked perfectly
Thank you very much!
1 posts
Hi,
I am getting the same error message (noted below). I have NVIDIA graphic card, the settings seems a little more complicated.

I appreciate your help.

Houdini Error Message:
Your driver settings have been set to force 4x Antialiasing in OpenGL applications. This will cause visual artifacts in Houdini. It is recommended that you turn this off in the graphics driver.
12 posts
It's December 2019 and Edward's suggestion still works

The only difference is there isn't a way to turn off the AA (at least in my control panel) but changing the setting to “application specified” worked for me.
2 posts
Yeha Nvidia Card and "application specified" worked for me too.
  • Quick Links