Wind Masking in Houdini 19 Pyro - missing documentation

851   0   0
4 posts
Hi, I have a question regarding the new Wind method in the Pyro Solver in Houdini 19.

From what I can tell, it's handled through a new parameter in the "gas advect field" nodes inside the solver. This new parameter is not present in the documentation.

- My problem comes with the lack of masking options for this wind. Say I'm simulating a chimney. I want to make the wind inactive inside of this chimney where the smoke is rising, and only be active when the smoke comes "outside" so to speak. It's an issue that I've faced on multiple projects, and I've solved it with hacking the Wind Force node before. The Wind Force node has some issues regarding scaling with substeps and it's difficult do get a natural "wind look" with it imo.

So my question is: Can you apply masking for the new wind parameter? If one were to implement this, how would one go about it?

I hope to hear from somebody. The last post I made regarding a similar question about the Wind Tunnel parameter didn't yield any response from you. And that makes me sad

Best Regards, Asger Mortensen
  • Quick Links