Error: GetDisplayGeoInfo FAILURE trying to get object_node_

1572   3   0
8 posts
I keep getting the above error when I try to sync nodes with Unreal Engine 5.1. The version of the Engine I have in UE matches my houdini version. I can start a session and connect but I keep getting the above error when I try to Sync Nodes. I went back to the docs and tried it step by step but still the same. I've done a lot of googling but to no avail. Any ideas? Could this be a version incampatibility (does the latest plugin work with 5.1?)

Thanks!
17 posts
Are you getting the error when syncing from Unreal to Houdini or when syncing from Houdini To Unreal?

When sending to Unreal, make sure to use the geo path and not just the obj path. The easiest way to avoid errors in the path url is to ctl-c the node in houdini and paste in the the path in Unreal Node Sync window.
8 posts
Thank you! I am trying to go from houdini to UE. I did click on the HDA node and it gave the same error. it is connected to the houdini instance
Edited by sarrett - 2023年1月28日 14:42:13

Attachments:
hda2.png (72.7 KB)
Screenshot 2023-01-28 143854.png (156.1 KB)

17 posts
So that path is at obj level. Go inside newcactus in the houdini node graph and select a node there. Must be at geometry node level.
  • Quick Links