H20 Karma Auto AOV. How to

981   3   1
647 posts
Hi

In the whats new: https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini20.0/news/20/karma.html [www.sidefx.com]

I should be able to get Karma to auto see any custom AOV's I have made in Material Builder. I am a little stuck on how to do this however. Has anyone tried this and got it to work? Best. Mark

EDIT: This seems to be a bug I have logged it under Bug #132803
Edited by Mark Wallman - 2023年11月12日 07:44:22

Attachments:
Capture.JPG (69.9 KB)
Custom_Auto_AOV.hipnc (753.1 KB)

2 posts
In fact, there is a problem with it, I only work as a float and later I change to vector. However, if I refresh the aov, for example by attaching a new one, the old aov that is already a vector disappears. The only option at the moment is to connect all AOVs as floats and then change their inputs to correct ones.

Attachments:
Zrzut ekranu 2023-11-15 171658.png (164.7 KB)

7770 posts
Luxor95
In fact, there is a problem with it, I only work as a float and later I change to vector. However, if I refresh the aov, for example by attaching a new one, the old aov that is already a vector disappears. The only option at the moment is to connect all AOVs as floats and then change their inputs to correct ones.

You don't need to add aov exports to the shader for primvars, simply add them to the render settings render var section by selecting primvar as the source.
2 posts
jsmack
You don't need to add aov exports to the shader for primvars, simply add them to the render settings render var section by selecting primvar as the source.

I see, thank you
  • Quick Links