APEX Control Extract - no data

695   4   3
81 posts
I have trouble getting the APEX Control Extract node to work, following the docs [www.sidefx.com] closely. Maybe it's a beta issue. Anyone who can provide me with a simple valid template hip for this? I am trying to retarget animation
7722 posts
Have you looked at this example? https://www.sidefx.com/contentlibrary/kinefxapex-workflow/ [www.sidefx.com] ... Please let us know if you have any questions on it.
81 posts
Yes!
By now I have. Indeed this brings me some steps closer, being able to read the needed attributes.
While extracting the workflow I am stuck now with weird offsets, though. The kinefx bypass for retargeting seems to go well, when adding that resulting animation back to my APEX rig, some parts are mismapped (staggering Hips, Arms 'broken'). I have no settings available to guide this better.

I attach my file here, might you be in the opportunity to spare a peak.

Attachments:
spiderCrab_03_x.hiplc (7.2 MB)
sCrab.png (1.2 MB)

スタッフ
61 posts
alrighty i checked out the file.
The APEX Control Extract node seems to be doing what its supposed to to do. And so does control update.
The problem that you are running into seems to be more connected with the orientations of the joints of your animation skeleton. I can see that the orientation from your animation from frame 1 which you use for the rest is very different to frame2. You can see this very clearly on the hip control. The control is not rotating up as expected. That means that the default rotation offset that you are defining with the rigmatchpose this off, the translations countering that apparently though in your input animation thats why it looks as if its correct. As soon as you visualize the orientation axis of the joints though you can see it.

The problem just gets visually enforced by controls that just have their rotation promoted. That means that just the mismatched rotation will get updated but the translation that counters it at least a bit can not be set. That explains those big offsets.

So the best place to start is to looks whats going on with the rotation of your input animation I think.
I really hope that helps
81 posts
the question remains how on earth i got myself into this knot. But it really helps! What looked right to me appears to be the issue. Thanks for checking, I will rebuild the animation, try to massage the error out
  • Quick Links