Edge Loop And Poly Split SOP's Not Working???

4304   3   1
3 posts
Hello everyone, I am working on a model and need to add some edges to the mesh. For some reason when I try to add an edge loop or poly split a face, they do not work. After selecting the geometry I wish to modify, I click the SOP, but they immediately deselect the geometry and ask for target geometry. I try to select the desired geometry but nothing responds. I am confused. I like the idea of Houdini and wish to learn, but it doesn't seem as intuitive as Maya in a lot of ways. I appreciate any help.
Jeff M II
26 posts
Hmm, even though I also tend to have problems with the most basic functions, poly split and edge loop so far have never failed me. I suppose you are using a polygonal object? Are you on object or geometry level? Did you see this tutorial:
710 posts
Do you maybe have an upstream node selected in the network editor? Just to be sure, click on the last node (yellow border highlight) and then try Edge Loop/Polysplit again. Also it's a good idea to have an up-to-date build installed, though I doubt that's the issue here.
10 posts
I have same issue and I found a solution in my case.

Attachments:
split_and_select.hipnc (74.8 KB)

• Quick Links