LOP Wrangle without incoming Prims

2216   6   1
86 posts
Is it possible to get the attribwrangle to run without incoming prims? ie I have a wrangle with no input, and am trying to run:

usd_addprim(0, "/test", "Xform)

..but no prim gets added to the stage. It looks like the wrangle doesn't have the equivalent of a “Details” run mode like the SOPs wrangle, ie it needs input prims to iterate on.
2044 posts
Do you mean a ‘node’ doesn't get added? Because the above works for me; I get the primitive Xform. If I put “Sphere” as the last argument I get a geometry sphere instead; But in both cases I get a prim listed in the scene graph tree.
86 posts
No, I mean the prim doesn't get created.

What I'm shooting for is to have a wrangle, by itself, no inputs, that can create prims.

The wrangle will error without an input (Not enough sources specified), and with a null as an input, with the above snippet I do not get any prims on the stage. This is in 14.0.423, if that makes a difference.
2044 posts
Your going to have to use something before the wrangle. Null works for me.

You have a couple errors btw in your vex, you left out a quote and forgot semi-colon at end:
usd_addprim(0, "/test", "Xform");
Edited by BabaJ - 2020年6月1日 23:49:48
7836 posts
BabaJ
Your going to have to use something before the wrangle. Null works for me.

You have a couple errors btw in your vex, you left out a quote and forgot semi-colon at end:
usd_addprim(0, "/test", "Xform");

The problem is the wrangle runs for 0 iterations without a prim selection. Please submit an RFE for the option to run a specific number of iterations which would disable the prim selection field.
86 posts
jsmack
The problem is the wrangle runs for 0 iterations without a prim selection.

That's what I expected, which is why I referred to the “Detail” run mode on the SOP wrangle, which allows it to do a single operation without any incoming data. I'll submit an RFE, thanks.
86 posts
For reference: https://www.sidefx.com/bugs/#/bug/105641 [www.sidefx.com]
  • Quick Links