Project file can be purchased here:
How I made two love bird's on a branch for the Mardini daily challenge.Build uses KineFx, VEX, and some good old fashion keyframe animation.
This year I was fortunate enough to have five wins during the Mardini challenge. I took two 2nd place, three 3rd place wins, and finished in 10th overall. I decided to make breakdown / tutorials of all of these winning entries, as well as some of my other entries that I enjoyed making. Even if they didn't win.
Some highlight points of the breakdown video:
- 00:00:00 - Entry overview
- 00:05:51 - Bird body build
- 00:17:28 - Bird KineFx build
- 00:32:21 - Source feather build
- 00:37:34 - Feather population build
- 01:00:00 - Bird eyes build
- 01:02:24 - Bird beak build
- 01:04:12 - Branch build
- 01:08:29 - Geo breakouts for render
- 01:09:34 - Lighting
- 01:10:35 - Redshift3D materials
- 01:18:02 - Render settings