Houdini voronoi fracture geos to maya.Please help

6271   3   1
5 posts
Hi guys,

This is William here, currently working on a project. Where I have to fracture stuff and blow it up. I have never work with Houdini before but manage to use basic scatter node and voronoi fracture node to fracture the simple box ( for the test).

This Box, I model in Maya export out as FBX and bring in to Houdini, fractured it, save as obj and bring it back to MAYA.
Everything works.

But here is a question why when I bring it back into Maya I apply a field on it to blow it up, when the geos are fracturing, I can see inside the geo is empty… Here are some pictures.

Was thinking maya because of I did not connect inside faces or edges under the “Voronoi fracture node”?

i'm guessing the things are freaking me out is when i'm done fracturing in Houdini I've applied a exploview node on it. everything was solid, but when I'm back into maya, things are like that, please see the pictures that I screen captured.

Thanks for all your time reading it through, hopefully we can all learn from each other.

William

Attachments:
screen_cap5.png (110.6 KB)
screen_cap3.png (22.7 KB)
screen_cap1.png (230.3 KB)

299 posts
I only have apprentice HD so can't export FBX but this is probably groups related. On the voronoi fracture node don't create the inside/outside groups. Just leave those fields blank and then try exporting again.
Drive, monkey, drive!
637 posts
If you have to much of troubles to get your data in to maya you can try SOup:
http://www.soup-dev.com/ [soup-dev.com]

Video Tutorial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfGZuZsD4RE [youtube.com]
258 posts
Not that soup is not cool…but I don't exactly think that it replaces Houdini or solves this persons problem.

While I am not in place to look at your file I would say you have a normals/fuse problem and that I would look into the Facet and Fuse sops.
  • Quick Links