Python Promote Parameter

5937   5   2
54 posts
Hi All,

Is there any way I can promote a parameter from vopnode with python ?. I was trying some other solution like find the parm type and all those stuff but nothing come good . And I didnt find any really helpful doc from houdini also maybe I didnt do a good search . So if any one has a idea how I can promote a parameter then it will be really helpful.

Thanks
54 posts
I was doing some stuff with parmTemplateGroup also but still no luck
54 posts
Bump Any ideas ?
142 posts
I would like to know how to do this too. But not from a vopnode, just from a sop to a scene level node.
Showreel 2013 [vimeo.com]
142 posts
I just found a bit of info here about doing it…
http://houdinitips.posterous.com/add-a-spare-parameter-to-a-node-using-python [houdinitips.posterous.com]

Looks good, but how can I emulate the way it works when you ‘Edit Parameter Interface’ and create a parameter form the “From Nodes” tab, moving the expression/keyframes from the original parm to the new one?

I know I can get the value, or the expression or the keyframes of the parm with different functions, but is there a way to just push whatever is on the parm to the new parm?
Showreel 2013 [vimeo.com]
Staff
4164 posts
For anyone who finds this thread while trying to promote VOP parms, here's a solution: insertParmGeneratorsForAllInputs(). This is how you use it on a Color Mix, as an example:

hou.node(“/obj/geo1/primitivevop1/colormix1”).insertParmGeneratorsForAllInputs(hou.vopParmGenType.Parameter,True)

This is the same as RMB > Create Input Parameters
I'm o.d.d.
  • Quick Links