Colliding two FLIP objects problem

9130   3   2
66 posts
Hi, I´m on the road of learning more about FLIP fluids and having trouble making two fluid objects interact with each other, in the help it says that a merge Collide will do the work but for me is not working. Is there another node, post solve or something like that to make this happend?

I attached a simple scene with two flip objects being simulated.

Thanks!!

Attachments:
FLIP_collide.zip (143.2 KB)

NicoZ
691 posts
Take a look at the modified file.

BUT!!!, this setup is best for a SPH setup because you can use the initial dop network to configure the initial fluid point attributes, then you can have different fluid attributes per object.

For FLIP is best to setup the attributes per object in sops then merge together as a single source; Also you can define a mask attribute per object before merge in a single source to then in the sim, edit the fluid attributes based on the mask attribute with the help of a pop solver.

Cheers!!!

Attachments:
flipcollide.hipnc (350.8 KB)

Feel The Knowledge, Kiss The Goat!!!
http://www.linkedin.com/in/alejandroecheverry [linkedin.com]
http://vimeo.com/lordpazuzu/videos [vimeo.com]
66 posts
Thanks alejandro, Ill give a look at the scene as soon I get to my house. I think I ill try the mask attribute you mention to distinguish objects.

So much thanks for helping!
Muchas gracias, desde Argentina!
NicoZ
289 posts
Hi Alejandro,

I was testing your scene as I'm learning about fluids myself. And I came unto the following problem.
In the sources I added a “v” vector attribute and I saved the new geo files.
But I cannot get the simulation to update with the new geo. Unless I either restart the scene or I dive into the Flip object OTL and reload the object over there.
Is there a way to properly do this? Or should I change the OTL to get that functionality.
A computer is almost human - except that it does not blame its mistakes on another computer.
  • Quick Links