incomplete download for Houdini 12.1.77 windows 7 64 bit

5512   6   2
4 posts
I kept trying to download the Houdini 12.1.77 production build last night for windows 7 64bit and it fails every time.

It starts the download and then gets to 18mb, pauses for a bit then continues to 20mb. Once it hits 20mb it says the download is complete.

I also tried 12.1.33 and also got the same results. I have tried using 3 different browsers(Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Chrome), thinking it was something on my side but seems like its not.

Anyone have a troubleshoot for downloading builds off the side effects site?

I am really hoping to get this new build soon as my current build has broken pyro shaders and makes it a little difficult to render.

thanks,

- jeremy
Jeremy West
FX artist
www.jeremymw.com
30 posts
I get the same problem trying to download the latest Production Build for win7 (houdini-12.1.77 win64-vc9.exe) via Firefox.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)on an Acer Aspire 4752 laptop, but have never had problems downloading files from other sites or even the SideFX tutorials so not sure why this particular file is causing problems.

The file stops downloading at 20MB and is marked as complete, but is about 226 MB from being useable so not sure what the deal is - don't recall having this problem on Linux or even XP
7725 posts
It might be bad, but to double-check, try downloading one of the daily builds.
4 posts
read this here:

http://nsis.sourceforge.net/NSIS_Error [nsis.sourceforge.net]

I kept trying the methods until one worked. Number 3 worked for me

“ Rename the installer so it is a simple one-word name with no special characters (without removing the .exe suffix)

Example: install.exe ”

I changed the name to be one word installhoudini.exe, just kept it simple like the example explained. Now it works.

Thanks
Jeremy West
FX artist
www.jeremymw.com
7725 posts
If that is the problem, then you must be running some software on your computer (or network!?) that is blocking it.
142 posts
try a download manage like DownloadThemAll (for firefox). This has worked for me when I get your problem
12 posts
Disable your antivirus software while you download it. I had the same problem and that fixed it for me. Simplest solution.
  • Quick Links