Short OP videos, yay or nay?

4730   4   1
55 posts
Would anyone be interested in short (5-10) minutes videos showing how to use each SOP? (and maybe POPs, DOPs, & the rest later)

Do you think beginners would use them? Do you wish you had had them when you started?

I'm coming up on a break from work. I've been fantasizing about doing tutorials for each SOP. And I wanted to put some feelers out to see how they'd be recieved.
“If you can eat it raw you can't under cook it”
249 posts
Some operators are easier to use than others. But when it comes to operators especially SOP i find the help invalueable along with its example files.
blog [abvfx.wordpress.com]tumblr [andrewbrowne.tumblr.com]twitter [twitter.com]
390 posts
yeah i think the help really is sufficient in most cases. it would be nice to have these videos for harder nodes though. if you did an extremely in depth series on all the gas micro solvers id certainly watch it.
606 posts
If you were doing an exhaustive series, I think you should have a chat with SESI about it. I would see this being the most effective if it were integrated to the help cards.

It would be great if it really had all the nodes, as even the simple looking ones can have interesting use cases..
51 posts
For me as a beginner, coming from C4D, most of the SOP stuff is just fine, yet the whole lighting and shading, shader generation stuff just seems horribly crazy… I would love an in Depth Series on that.
  • Quick Links