Cannot determine preloaded icons for shelf error

9563   9   1
5 posts
Please help , on apprentice free edition
check attached image

Attachments:
Untitled.png (43.3 KB)

5 posts
please someone must have solution … i have no shelf icons in houdini. it gives me the errror stating Cannot determine preloaded icons for shelf.
54 posts
try going into your home directory and deleting the “Houdini12.5” file or what ever version you're running. It forces houdini to rebuild all your preferences and what not and usually brings them back. if not that look in your Temp folder and delete anything that says anything about SVGicons or something along those lines.

one of these usually does the trick for me
7714 posts
The last python error should also be fixed in the latest 12.5 daily build.
5 posts
Ohk i will try it out … installed like 10 times for now … trying different things :cry:
5 posts
After deleting the folder C:\Users\Android\Documents\houdini12.5 completely and made houdini to rebuild its preferences again it gave me only 2 shelves in right hand side

Attachments:
error.jpg (112.3 KB)

7714 posts
Start Houdini FX
5 posts
But is this THE solution? Me and My studio soon going to purchase license (that is why i am learning from apprentice to check compatibility) and after that point i don't want any problems.
7714 posts
To get those other shelves (aka “features”), you need Houdini FX licenses. In Apprentice mode, you can start any of the apps of course but not if you're on a commercial license.

As for those warnings/errors, I think you got a bad build where those cropped up and shouldn't occur in production builds.
5 posts
I just got this error after installing Megascans to the Packages folder and appending Redshift to the houdini.env file
Undoing that and reporting back... yep, deleting the Redshift lines (which might have been erroneous) restored the icons.

So maybe take a look at editing the .env before deleting all your stuff
  • Quick Links