Visual Ddebug in VOP?

6474   8   2
8 posts
Hi
I'm starting to make deformers with VOPs networks and I have a question?
is there any visual debug of the connections as in ICE?
I didn't find nothing similar inside VOPS?

for me is one of the ICE most usefull features
Thanks
1 posts
You can disply any custom attribute in the viewport by clicking the little tag icon right to the 3d view window. You can configure this in the display settings.
8 posts
Thanks aixmnu
I know that, but in ICE you can debug any connection withou set it to an attibute.
7024 posts
Could you describe this Softimage ability in more detail please?
207 posts
pbowmar
Could you describe this Softimage ability in more detail please?

Basically the connection (noodle) between any two ICE nodes (as in say a VOPSOP graph) is where you would display/debug the attribute in question. Very convenient.

Houdini offers a similar ability but takes several more clicks in different windows (bind/export the attribute, then create it to display, then activate…). Mostly the same functionality, just a little less ergonomic.

-T
7024 posts
I see, thanks for the explanation!
99 posts
qlib(attr_visualize_ql) has something similar at sops level - (semi?)automatic visualization of attributes, maybe something similar can be made for vops?
7024 posts
Vops is trickier because it's actually generating VEX source code. Not impossible though.

BTW, one of the flags on the VOPs that is little used or understood is the green Debug that should pipe the output of that VOP directly to the output. Not exactly what you're refering to but a step closer
1694 posts
owlYzarc
qlib(attr_visualize_ql) has something similar at sops level - (semi?)automatic visualization of attributes, maybe something similar can be made for vops?

qLib also has a shelf button that sets up your display markers automatically for the displayed geometry (just click on the shelf button, then turn on the attribute you need to display in the Display Options). All is SOP level, though.

But for any partial result in VOPs, you can just export the value to a temporary geometry attribute, and visualize that on SOP level.
Imre Tuske
FX Supervisor | Senior FXTD @ Weta FX

qLib -- Houdini asset library
http://qlab.github.io/qLib/ [qlab.github.io]
https://www.facebook.com/qLibHoudini [www.facebook.com]
  • Quick Links