Alembic export: UV problem

11324   4   0
5 posts
Hey,
Faced with a small problem. Export rbd simulation (complex enough) via alembic and there is no UV after I imported it to maya. I made simply rbd simulation with fractured sphere and it works well, there is no problem with UV after import to maya.

I made and attached a scene with piece of geometry which has a problem after import.

Thanks for any help.

Attachments:
UV_problem.rar (3.9 MB)

4262 posts
There are some degenerate polygons as a result of the fracturing. Houdini can handle them, however Maya can not. Using a Clean SOP should remove the bad polys and allow Maya to read the .abc.
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
5 posts
Thanks!
It works, but I triangulated mesh instead using Clean SOP node.
Could you tell me how did you find out it? Is it your practice or there is an any tool for checking a mesh for artefacts?
4262 posts
Sergey Chesnokov
Thanks!
It works, but I triangulated mesh instead using Clean SOP node.
Could you tell me how did you find out it? Is it your practice or there is an any tool for checking a mesh for artefacts?

Practice. Usually I'll append a Clean SOP and see if the point/prim counts match before and after the Clean. If different, there is some potentially bad geo. You can also use the PolyDoctor SOP with the various options set to Mark to help track down problems.
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
5 posts
Inderstood.
Thanks.
  • Quick Links