Issue when using opinputs in VOPs

3625   4   3
1799 posts
hey guys, I seem to have uncovered a strange issue when using attribVops operators. I recently started noticing a discrepancy on one of my assets on the results I was getting in Houdini VS maya. after much surgery, I noticed that an XYZdistance VOP inside of an attribVop was always returning -1 as the hit primitive no matter what.

I decided to put a few print VOPs to compare the data in between maya and houdini. In houdini, this is what the opInput2 of my Geometry VOP Global prints:

OpInput2: opobj/subnet_UVLayout/meshesToUV/layoutLightmapUVs_maya1/layoutLightmapUVs/subnet_scaleToWorld/foreach_calculateUVcoverageIn3D/attribwrangle6

However, in Maya, this prints the following:

OpInput2: opobj/layoutLightmapUVs_maya::1.0/layoutLightmapUVs_maya1/layoutLightmapUVs/subnet_scaleToWorld/foreach_calculateUVcoverageIn3D/attribwrangle6

note that the op path in maya has the version number in the op name preceded yb the ::, which I know this is an invalid behaviour in Houdini natively.

To confirm this, I renamed my digital asset to not use namespaces (i.e. EAS_layoutLightmapUVs_maya_1_0) and now it works fine

I presume this is related to the fix done in 13.0.540? could we address this one as well?

thank you!
-G
1799 posts
Posted a Sev2 bug for this issue: 64133

unfortunately is forcing us to not use namespaces for our maya nodes, which will cause a lot of headaches in the near future ):

thank you!
-G
818 posts
Sorry about the delay. (Been a bit busy lately.) The bug that was fixed in 13.0.540 was purely on Maya side. Looks like there's a problem with the Engine side too. I'll look into this asap.
Andrew / アンドリュー
402 posts
Issue fixed on the Houdini Engine side. Should be in 13.0.553.
1799 posts
Thank you guys, I appreciate and I totally understand being busy. This is still best in class stuff! I'll test it on my side once the build is available
-G
  • Quick Links