POP in DOP

2953   5   1
80 posts
Hi,

In SOPs Ive created my geo, and inside the geo Ive added a popnetwork node. The geo is plugged into one of the four inputs of the popnetwork node.

Is that a wrong way to do it now? As pop is moved into dop?
If I create anything the way described over I cant use body dynamics I guess since its not in the DOPs?

Stig
304 posts
As of H13 the way to work with particles is inside of DOPs, which might be the way you are doing it or not, depending on what node you called.

Currently when you write Popnetwork you get two options, the older one, which is deprecated and only there for legacy reasons, and the new one which is in fact a DOP Network.

I recommend you to check this Master Class

https://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2631&Itemid=344 [sidefx.com]

or Ari Danesh Next Steps lessons on Particles

https://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=228&Itemid=389 [sidefx.com]

Any of those will clarify you the proper way to work with particles.
Javier Meroño
FX TD.
80 posts
The problem with those tuts is that they are using the shelf tools. I need to know if If I need to make a dop network node, dive into it to make a pop network and import my sops.
242 posts
stigolsen
Hi,

In SOPs Ive created my geo, and inside the geo Ive added a popnetwork node. The geo is plugged into one of the four inputs of the popnetwork node.

Is that a wrong way to do it now? As pop is moved into dop?
If I create anything the way described over I cant use body dynamics I guess since its not in the DOPs?

Stig

What Netvudu is trying to say is that it is impossible for ous to know if you are using the DOP or the old POP particles, since both can be created in SOPs.

If you tab in SOPs, there are two options. One create a DOPnet and one create the old POP network node.
80 posts
Im using the new pop network in sops.
80 posts
Hi again,

As you see on my attachment I have manually created (not shelf) the new pop network and wired a box into it. But it seems to me it doesnt act like a autodopnetwork. I have created this ground plane and wired it into a merge node but the particles doesnt crash with the ground plane as it would if I had automatically created the particle emission from the shelf tool.

Stig

Attachments:
popnetwork.hipnc (207.1 KB)

• Quick Links