BIN imported particle soft selection

2646   5   1
9 posts
Hi,,

I am loading a Real Flow particle sequence and I want to perform some twists and bends, but i want to be able to use, say a box, to define a region to apply this manipulations.

I know of soft transform…but that doesn't pass (or i dont know how to) the soft selection..any Ideas?

Thanks in advance! :roll:
7722 posts
Use a Group SOP to do a bounding box selection of your points. Now in the Soft Transform, use the name of that group you created.
9 posts
i do…i drop a group sop, tick Enable Bounding Box..i move the bounding box,,,but is not selecting the particles as they travel trough it.

the bounding box would be picking and unpicking particles as they pass tough..so dont know i that is the problem..but i can see any section or elements in the group.. ops: ops:
9 posts
Ahhh!!!!!!!!

houdini you so quirky!!!!! :x :x :x :x

I got it to work, group by expression , filter expression 0,,,

thanks!
7722 posts
Er, that's what I thought you wanted to do. Since the node is procedural, it is selecting whatever points are in that box at every frame.
9 posts
yes that is correct…so it is selecting fine ..but now the soft transform makes something odd to the selection boundary..

instead of feathering the rectangle evenly, it does some weird extensions to it.

my next question to how to fix this is, if the selection group passed to say a twist, can have weighted particles?

Attachments:
houdini_capA.JPG (129.7 KB)
houdini_capB.JPG (164.6 KB)

• Quick Links