Major Display issues after Windows 10 update No icon No Toolbar

2883   4   0
4 posts
Widows updated to 10 one night while I was sleeping. I had been putting off the update, then it just ended up sneaking up on me. But anyway since then Houdini no longer shows any icons any where. I can place a node like geometry and it will load but, I can not see it in the viewpoint which is greyed out and the icon for the node does not appear. I have updated my intel driver to the latest versions, I have rolled back to early version, no luck. I have installed almost every build and even tried Houdini 14, no luck. Every thing worked until the Windows 10 update. My only way of working with Houdini is running it on an old crappy laptop
which with all irony works fine, no Windows 10 on there thank God. Is there any help out there I've been up for three days now going crazy over this. Ps I did erase the icon cache files and the Houdini folder in my document.
Staff
5161 posts
Which driver are you running currently? It does seem like a graphics driver issue.
4 posts
My Drivers are to date even installed older drivers. I ended up using a virtual machine that emulates windows 8 and Houdini works fine, it's just that the virtual machine take up half of my computing power so rendered are really slow. I dis notice that the virtual machine uses it's own display drivers and not Intel's so my problem may be with Intel
7725 posts
There were issues for certain 15.5 builds with the Windows 10 anniversary update. I assume you've already tried the latest 15.5 daily build?
4 posts
that's what I'll do keep trying newer build. Thanks
  • Quick Links