No file access on NAS from within Houdini

5540   4   3
378 posts
I have a massive problem:
I cannot open or import files (scenes, geometry, images, etc.) from within houdini that are located on any of the (mapped) network drives on my NAS. I can create and load the created files from within houdini on those drives but all files that were not created from me with my current H15.5 indie installation are greyed out. Those are files that have been created when my network directories were located on a normal server and have been copied to the NAS some time ago.
I have full admin rights on the NAS and the mapped drives. No other application has any problems with accessing those files from any of my machines.
I can access the files in question when I move them to another mapped drive on other machines in my network, so it's only the NAS drives causing problems.

Is there a way to create some path mapping or do I have to set specific rights for one of houdini's components?

I'm on win 10 pro. I have tried turning the firewall and antivirus off, nothing helps.
Edited by OneBigTree - Oct. 14, 2016 11:07:15

Attachments:
no_file_access.jpg (48.6 KB)

83 posts
I've seen this problem before in one of my Windows wokstation. At least in my case, the issue has been fixed setting the HOUDINI_ACCESS_METHOD environment variable to 2

You should try to add this line to your houdini.env file:

HOUDINI_ACCESS_METHOD = 2

-Juanjo
Computer Graphics Software Developer
378 posts
juanjgon
I've seen this problem before in one of my Windows wokstation. At least in my case, the issue has been fixed setting the HOUDINI_ACCESS_METHOD environment variable to 2

You should try to add this line to your houdini.env file:

HOUDINI_ACCESS_METHOD = 2

-Juanjo

A huge thank you, Juanjo!
That was it.

cheers
8 posts
Sorry to dig up this thread, but, Juanjo, thank you very much!
Life, the Universe and Everything... about 3D on Vimeo [vimeo.com]
43 posts
Digging this thread again to say thanks, just for the record I had this problem with an Unraid server sharing files to a Windows machine using NFS and this solved it.
  • Quick Links