Vdb to Field Microsolver

2746   3   2
3 posts
Vdb to Field Microsolver

Advanced sourcing for Houdini. it’s not only 10-100x faster but also gives more control over sourcing especially when many sources involved in sim. Houdini16 Hipfile with examples included

https://github.com/abryutinalexey/vdb_to_field [github.com]

https://vimeo.com/216432705 [vimeo.com]
2538 posts
Hmm..not sure if this really works for me.

Your install direction for Windows indicate I should install the .dll in the dso folder, but I don't have one. So I create a dso folder and copied the .dll file into it.
C:\Users\Admin\Documents\houdini16.0\dso

When I open up the example .hipnc file all I get is a set of spinning wireframe cubes. The slide titled “packed vdbs” shown in your Vimeo link.

It might be nice to create a tutorial on how to use this. 10-100 times faster is a big claim and I would like to leverage that speed but I am not sure how to use this.
Edited by Enivob - May 9, 2017 15:33:41
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
3 posts
Thanks for reply ! Just want to let you know that it's still not finished plugin it's prototype/alpha version which can be published. Keep time to time tracking github repository i'll publish some useful changes

Yeah tutorials is great idea i will prepare then when i'll publish some stable version

About your issue

I've tested every example,they should work. Let's try fix bug which you facing with.

First thought is you copy to wrong path C:\Users\ Admin \Documents\houdini16.0\dso. Do you work as Admin ? Maybe you have different user ? You should have …Documents\houdini16.0\houdini16.0 flder just add dso if you don't have it there

Please take screenshot from /obj/Vdb_Packed_Velocity/V_VDB. Do you have density, divergence, vel microsolvers which connected to multisolver1 ? Do they all look like merge node ? If yes, your dll didn't load correctly.

Maybe it's because i've compiled it on windows 10 and you have windows 7. You would need to compile it your self or wait until i do it for windows 7. But I don't have windows 7 . Will try to find it this week

Also I'm not not sure will it works with houdini Indie
Edited by abryutinalexey - May 9, 2017 18:45:58
3 posts
Hi, Can you download it again from github and test ? I had same issue on my computer ) mess up something when building. Just recompiled it
  • Quick Links