Issues with my viewport/object displays...

5391   4   3
2 posts
Just downloaded apprentice version and have no real serious issues… but afew minor quirks that I would like to see if anyone has resolved.

For example if I create a plane in my viewport…

1 - I can only view the plane in wireframe mode… When I choose Smooth Shaded or Smooth Wire Shaded… the plane turns invisible. I can drag select it, so it is still there, but invisible. When I return to wireframe view then I can see its wireframe.

2 - Every once in a while my viewport turns black, and I have to drag-resize the interface once or twice before it returns to the normal grey.

3 - Same thing with my ability to pan and zoom. About a few times an hour I will try to zoom in and out and the scroll button will will do nothing. resizing my interface will solve the issue.

Im wondering if there are some houdini preferences that have to be manipulated?
I'm running a mac 10.6.6…
2 posts
After much searching I found an answer, but no solution to my problem. I will post it here in case it might help someone else….

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&p=100948&sid=5454a51cfc11df59a8b3341128d7cfbe [sidefx.com]

Apparently its an issue that is specific to certain macs' graphics card.
If anyone has resolved it since that post, I would like to hear it, thanks.
Staff
2540 posts
Make sure you are running the latest release of Snow Leopard. Apple made significant fixes to their OpenGL drivers late last year and Houdini definitely benefits from this.

Word to all users submitting problems with Graphics. Please post the graphics card model along with the installed driver, OS, version of OS. Makes debugging this stuff easier.
There's at least one school like the old school!
59 posts
What Mac do you have and is this the first time you have installed Houdini on your Mac?

I have had a problem with interface elements not appearing when I installed version 11. I end up running the uninstaller and uninstalling version 10 and 11, then reinstalling Houdini 11 again. That sorted that problem for me on my Mac Mini and Mac Book Pro. Both my systems have Nvidia graphics and are running 10.6.6
1 posts
It happened with me, but my note isnt a Mac, i dont know how to fix it, can u help me?
  • Quick Links