Question about custom wave for flip sim

2706   3   0
11 posts
Hi, guys

I am trying to do a flip sim using Guided Ocean Layer. When I merge the custom hero wave(oceanwave node) with oceanspecturn node and connect them to wavetank, the particles is not matching the ocean preview grid. There is a gap between them. But if I only use oceanspecturn without the custom wave, they match perfectly fine. Do you have any idea about that? Maybe I did something wrong?

I have attached the hip file and screen shot.

Thank you!

Attachments:
OceanWavaProblem.hip (1.1 MB)
CustomWaveProblem.JPG (361.8 KB)
OnlyOceanSpecturn.JPG (466.1 KB)

73 posts
Hi,

This issue occurs when Ocean Source's Depth Falloff parameter is set to Exponential by Frequency and your instanced wave source points are not on the y=0 plane. Setting the y-component for center in “grid1” to 0 brings will fix this problem.

Hope that helps!
Ryan
11 posts
rgoldade
Hi,

This issue occurs when Ocean Source's Depth Falloff parameter is set to Exponential by Frequency and your instanced wave source points are not on the y=0 plane. Setting the y-component for center in “grid1” to 0 brings will fix this problem.

Hope that helps!
Ryan

Thank you rgoldade! It works perfectly!
11 posts
JinguangHuang
rgoldade
Hi,

Hope that helps!
Ryan

Thank you rgoldade! It works perfectly!

I mean thank you Ryan!
  • Quick Links