Constant Cooking

3194   4   1
5 posts
Hey guys,

I'm using a pretty basic HDA which lets stuff fall to the ground. However sometimes I get this constant cooking for some reason. I don't change anything on the timeline, but the mouse cursor switches between the cooking stopwatch and the normal cursor every few milliseconds for about 15 seconds. You can't really do much while this is happening. Does anybody else have that problem? Is there a mechanism to disable cooking/simulation from the Maya side?

Thanks,
Johannes
818 posts
I'm not sure what that strange cooking is. When would this strange cooking start? Does it happen after you change a parameter? Clicked a button? Changing the current frame?

It'd be helpful if you can post a simple asset that can reproduce this issue.
Andrew / アンドリュー
5 posts
Due to the nature of my work I can't really post stuff from here. However it is a simple RBD Tool that let's stuff drop to the ground. You specify a frame and the object drops to the ground. Quite simple. The velocities are trailed and working. It pretty much happens when I press stop on the Maya Playbar. The longer I play the asset the longer the cooking becomes.

Johannes
818 posts
I tried creating an asset like you described, but I can't seem to get the same behavior that you're seeing. I've attached the asset and scene file that I created. With those files, are you able to reproduce the same issue? The files are created with Houdini 16.0.557 and Maya 2016.

Attachments:
test_rbd.hda (38.6 KB)
test_rbd.mb (15.2 KB)

Andrew / アンドリュー
5 posts
Hey Andrew,

Thanks for the example. I doesn't come up with it.
However I found the issue afterwards. It is caused by turning autosync on. If you let this run with it you can see when you stop the playback that you the mouse cursor jerks between normal cursor and stopwatch and you can't really use the UI while it's at it.

Thanks,
Johannes
Edited by Quazo - Aug. 21, 2017 19:53:40
  • Quick Links