houdini hqueue client

4998   12   1
8 posts
My client can not connect to the server, client service - login,Can only visit the local, can not log on the server.I don't know how to set up. I do not know how to get, who can teach me? thank you very much.
Edited by xuranxuran1 - Sept. 12, 2017 17:41:14
Staff
1255 posts
Hello,

I'm not really understanding the problem. Can you be more specific?

Is the client machine not showing up in the client list on the HQueue website? Is the client machine not reporting a heartbeat and appearing as “Not responding” in the client list? Is the client machine unable to access the shared folder?

Also, that screenshot shows that you are trying to set the logon account that runs the HQueue Client service. Is an error occurring when you try to change the logon account? If so, what does the error message say?

Cheers,
Rob
8 posts
rvinluan
Hello,

I'm not really understanding the problem. Can you be more specific?

Is the client machine not showing up in the client list on the HQueue website? Is the client machine not reporting a heartbeat and appearing as “Not responding” in the client list? Is the client machine unable to access the shared folder?

Also, that screenshot shows that you are trying to set the logon account that runs the HQueue Client service. Is an error occurring when you try to change the logon account? If so, what does the error message say?

Cheers,
Rob
yes,Is the client machine not showing up in the client list on the HQueue website.I think my client is not installed successfully.
Edited by xuranxuran1 - Sept. 12, 2017 17:40:57

Attachments:
image.PNG (37.1 KB)

Staff
1255 posts
Ok. In that case the client machine is probably not pointing to HQueue server machine.

On the client machine, open C:\HQueueClient\hqnode.ini in a text editor. Then look for the line that begins with “server =” and change it so that the server key points to the HQueue server machine.

For example, if the HQueue server is installed on a machine named “myHQServer” then the line should look like:
server = myHQServer
Save the change to hqnode.ini, restart the HQueue Client service and the client should soon appear in the client list.

Cheers,
Rob
8 posts
I have changed, But still didn't succeed. What should I do next? What information do I need to provide? I don't know what to do now.help me……
Edited by xuranxuran1 - Sept. 14, 2017 11:00:05

Attachments:
image.PNG (37.1 KB)
8.PNG (11.8 KB)

Staff
1255 posts
Hmm. If changing the server key in hqnode.ini does not help then it's likely that the client machine does not have network access to the server machine.

For example, from your client machine are you able to “ping leyi” from a Windows command prompt? And are you able to view the HQueue website from the client machine by navigating to "http://leyi:5000" in a web browser?

Cheers,
Rob
8 posts
rvinluan
Hmm. If changing the server key in hqnode.ini does not help then it's likely that the client machine does not have network access to the server machine.

For example, from your client machine are you able to “ping leyi” from a Windows command prompt? And are you able to view the HQueue website from the client machine by navigating to "http://leyi:5000" in a web browser?

Cheers,
Rob
Yes,I think here is the problem .
Edited by xuranxuran1 - Sept. 13, 2017 14:26:55

Attachments:
Capture.PNG (21.4 KB)

Staff
1255 posts
If you can't connect to http://leyi:5000 from the client machine then it sounds like either a DNS or firewall networking issue.

Are you able to ping leyi from the client machine?
8 posts
We can ping.
Edited by xuranxuran1 - Sept. 14, 2017 09:48:18
Staff
1255 posts
Ok. You can switch to using an IP address. Set the server key in hqnode.ini to leyi's IP address. Save the change and restart the HQueue Client service.
8 posts
Yes,But still not connected http:// ip:5000.I can ping the leyi ip from the client machine.I do not know what the problem is?Please help me analyze it,thank you very much.
Edited by xuranxuran1 - Sept. 14, 2017 09:55:26
Staff
1255 posts
If you can ping but not connect to port 5000 then it sounds like a firewall issue. If you have any firewalls running on either the server or client machine then you need to poke holes through them to allow incoming and outgoing connections made to port 5000.
8 posts
My question has been solved. It’s because the client machine doesn’t connect to the activation code of server machine. It runs well after connection. Thank you for your help.
Edited by xuranxuran1 - Sept. 15, 2017 22:40:59
  • Quick Links