Modeling in Houdini

4474   5   2
26 posts
Hi guys,

I have been working on a Matt Dixon drawing. My goal was not to make it look like a carton drawing but rather to make it look like something in between.

Let me know if you got any feedback :-)

Cheers

Attachments:
finalrender_kodak.jpg (199.9 KB)
finalrender_aw.jpg (119.9 KB)
screenshot.JPG (208.0 KB)

1755 posts
Looks good. If you're down this path - of trying to achieve a cartoon-ish look - you might want to play with an incidence shader (someone else will tell you under what name is that found in Houdini) in order to control how light reflects depending on camera angle. Invert the effect to obtain something unrealistic/cartoonish.

26 posts
I think it could have been cool too. I actually tried with the carton shader and an outline shader, but it didn't looked good. I miss the old carton shader way back in the days.
Staff
635 posts
atlemgw
I think it could have been cool too. I actually tried with the carton shader and an outline shader, but it didn't looked good. I miss the old carton shader way back in the days.

Could you please tell us how the cartoon shader failed to meet your expectations? Maybe post a picture or two (and a hip file) to exemplify.

Thanks,

Cristin
8 posts
Gosh this reminds me of a few old retro toys my grandparents had. I'd think adding some textures and more lighting tweaks would fix this up good for a visual dessert.
761 posts
Take the robot into zBrush/3D Coat add some special things to it
【T】【C】【S】
  • Quick Links