constraining a pre-fractured object to shaky ground

2255   9   1
27 posts
hi everyone, how can we constraint a pre fractured object WHICH has been glued together to the ground plane that moves left and right ? i mean constraining a constraint? what i have done so far was to scatter points in both objects and used connectadjacentpieces for constraints .. but i gives a weird behavior and the points that are on the ground begin to fly off it when ground moves ..! what am i doing wrong in here ? thanks for the help ..
Edited by behzad_ph - Dec. 29, 2017 15:57:12

Attachments:
2017-12-28_19-35-56.jpg (464.7 KB)
building eathquake.hip (341.8 KB)
building.obj (17.3 KB)

27 posts
a great community and no body has any clue for a solution ?!
483 posts
Is everything set to “Use deforming Geometry”.
It would be helpy to provide the file with the problem :-)
English is not my native language, sorry in advance for any misunderstanding :-)
27 posts
matthias_k
Is everything set to “Use deforming Geometry”.
It would be helpy to provide the file with the problem :-)
oh sorry i thought that i had attached the file ! but i forgot to do it .. i'm gonna attach the file right now .. and yes ,the ground is set to “use deforming” ..
Edited by behzad_ph - Dec. 29, 2017 15:58:08

Attachments:
building eathquake.hip (341.8 KB)
building.obj (17.3 KB)

27 posts
this was my first post in here and i really expected to get way more responses..
171 posts
Hey, behzad_ph seems it's holidays in most counties. And most have weekends now. There is no reason to feel bad about not enough help, if it will be possible to help, someone who can understand your issue and if will notice it - will help if will be able to. Happy holidays.
Edited by RyuKu - Dec. 30, 2017 11:16:32
27 posts
Ryu Ku
Hey, behzad_ph seems it's holidays in most counties. And most have weekends now. There is no reason to feel bad about not enough help, if it will be possible to help, someone who can understand your issue and if will notice it - will help if will be able to. Happy holidays.
you are right but i was just wondering the page got more than 100 visits with no replay .. i just hope to find a reliable answer for this ..
171 posts
Maybe it's 50x2 visits, e.g. I look at this your question page for the third time, and maybe most of those who looked - like me - I can't help even if I want… if only to try to make you feel better. I know it's like a magic to have problem solved that looks for you impossible to deal with and for someone - less than a second of thinking. But I really think people are busy today with you know - children, cooking, shopping, parties, travelling… probably something else. Hope your question is not for job project that you need to do asap and you can wait. Afraid almost all could be mmm a little bit of drunk and having rest during holidays. My answer is not reliable, and I won't make your thread longer with posts, hope you'll find help.
30 posts
I think you're having problems because you didn't pack the ground.
I packed your ground and added a sop solver that adds a percentage of the constraints to the broken group.

Craig

Attachments:
building eathquake_constrained.hip (341.7 KB)

27 posts
craigthailand
I think you're having problems because you didn't pack the ground.
I packed your ground and added a sop solver that adds a percentage of the constraints to the broken group.

Craig
thank you so much , it's finally solved .. i m grateful..
  • Quick Links