PDB cache not loading in HDA from Maya

2349   2   1
106 posts
Hey guys,

I have a static pdb cache which I'm trying to load it in my HDA which then converts it into polygons. This all works well and good in Houdini but as soon as I load the pdb in my HDA from maya using the Houdini Engine, nothing shows up. It says “No Geometry Generated!”.

I even tried to export the converted geometry as obj and load them back. Again works in Houdini but doesn't get exported when I do it from Maya. From looking at it so far, loading the pdb in the HDA from Maya doesn't seem to load any geometry data. Any idea what could be causing this ?

Thanks
-J
146 posts
If you sync at a frame where the cache has no data, and no output polygons, then no output mesh shapes will be created, and there will be no output even at frames where there is valid output. Try going to a frame where you know there is output geometry and re-sync the asset?
106 posts
Thanks for the reply. It's a static pdb cache and the thing is that if I convert the pdb cache to an alembic and load, it works fine in maya. So I'm not sure if there's anything specific about pdbs that doesn't make it load properly. Anyway will check and see if it's related to caches having no data at frames.
  • Quick Links