How to Increase / Decrease Points during Modeling Polygon

4343   6   0
30 posts
i am modling using a poloygon box but i realy stuck one thing whenever i stretch it or polyextrude i can't increase / decrease the limit of points or where are the controls of “ROWS”( i don't know i rows in it ) or somthing.

Thanks for your Time

Regards
Ali

7734 posts
In the Options tab of the PolyExtrude parameters, vary the Divisions parameter.
30 posts
Thanks Edward it Realy Worked but wait… as i can see the divisions are inreasing but it shows me points are also increasing with it but only with edges
but what if i want some points in center of model not at the edges.. :shock:

For example i am going to build a Semi Flat or not flat tv but when i increase the divisions as you told me so points will increase from edges is'nt there anyway to ad more point in the centre of TV instead edge or both ? umm i know there are alot ways to bring that part of screen prety out somthing like non flat but i realy want to know is'nt there anyway to do as i want point ad instead using of edges but in centre of screen…..

i hope i make you understand what i am tryin to ask..

english is not my language so plz ignore mistakes

Thanks for your time

ALi

7734 posts
Er, I'm not really sure what you mean. Perhaps you can use different tools? Or post a small pic with what you mean.
30 posts
ok as we edit a grid in a grid we can increas rows and colums in this way we can use points on any point on grid even centre / edge or whatever we want.
as we can use rows and colums and use points in centre of grid but in this situatiation whenever we increase Divisions the points are only at edges not in centre..

simply
grid has points everywhere on it that i can use.

but at this time in modeling with polygon box increasing the Divisions ad points at edges only not in centre of polyextrude.

tell me if you understand or i'll attatch a pic :!:

7734 posts
I think you'll need to use the PolySplit tool then.
30 posts
oh my mistake Ed i should use box as polygon Mesh perfect what i want realy sory for wasting your time

Thanks

Regards

Ali

• Quick Links