HQUEUE setup appears offline

1694   2   1
3 posts
Hi Community,

I have been trying to set up HQUEUE on another machine so that my son can get on with the creation work on his main computer. After trying a number of ways i finally ended up with a Fedora Server attempting to run HQUEUE. From the serer i can see the client and it appear to be off line. Looking in on Fedora i cant seem to find the Hqueue service. Feel pretty good given my previous few weeks of trial and error so any help, advice or guidance is greatly appreciated, Im not a techo and have knowledge so that means im dangerous .

First time post.
3 posts
I have progressed a little more since yesterday, i re-installed the HQueue again and made a few changes and the server saw the client online and a heartbeat was registered. A test job was submitted successfully but it failed when it began to run with the following error,

/bin/bash: line 0: cd: /mnt/hq/houdini_distros/hfs.linux-x86_64: No such file or directory

Any help is appreciated
731 posts
Are you setting up all the env vars in the advanced tab? If not, Houdini does not know where to look for the setup files and cannot initialize the environment properly.

At our school, I have a script that gets run when you hit the execute button to populate this with all of our env vars. However, if you don't have a complex pipeline, this will probably do.

So what's happening here? If you middle click on the parm names, you will see these values expand. This is what Houdini is doing at rendertime, and it knows where to find the setup files.

Attachments:
rr.png (68.0 KB)

Sean Lewkiw
CG Supervisor
Machine FX - Cinesite MTL
  • Quick Links