Using VEX to read/write parameters values

2231   1   0
3 posts
I've been experimenting with VEX for the past few days as a new Houdini user and I've come across problem that has me stumped and that is how to use VEX to read/write parameter values in other nodes….I followed the instructions in the documentation which seemed simple enough…but I keep getting error messages…am I missing something?…..do I have to declare the parameter_id ….vectors, int, floats in the wrangle node before using there Id's?….
3 posts
Actually after studying what I'm trying to do carefully I just realized what I'm trying to do is pointless and I wouldn't even need the dot formula that's in the manual….all I have to do to solve my problem is to create a blank channel parameter in the wrangle node and just copy it …..then just use copy by reference on any parameter that want to control…and make sure that the channel parameter I created matches the data type,….Int,float,….I don't think creating a vector be needed….unless you wanted to create a parameter with x, y, z,….but in all this is still pointless….just drop a null node and reference every parameter that you want to control
Edited by dlj485 - April 29, 2019 10:31:38
  • Quick Links