ROP Geometry Output Write File Fails Randomly

4416   3   0
7 posts
Hi,

I am trying to write some simulation result files with the ROP Geometry Output node in TOP network. It returns error message like “Workitem radiance_simulation_here_ropfetch1_1_280 failed” at times. The strange thing is, I have tried to dirty and cook the node, and the failed work items and number of work items that failed are not the same every single time. I could have 5 fails on a good cook, or 20 fails on a bad cook, and these cooking actions happened back-to-back without any changes to anything.

Has anyone encountered such problem? Is there a way to solve it? Thanks in advance.

ZL
Staff
585 posts
Do you have an example file? Also, if you ctrl+mmb on the work item to open the info menu, there's a log section at the bottom that contains the output of the failed job. Can you paste that here as well?
Edited by tpetrick - May 23, 2019 10:36:22
7 posts
tpetrick
Do you have an example file? Also, if you ctrl+mmb on the work item to open the info menu, there's a log section at the bottom that contains the output of the failed job. Can you paste that here as well?

Thanks! The log is really helpful, it looks like my radiance python asset is having issues reading data. Currently the radiance python asset is in the same ROP node with scripts that prepares building surfaces for simulation, perhaps it should be done in another TOP node. I would give that a try, and upload an example file if it doesn't work out.

Here is the log message:

Loading .hip file CUsers/lzlcn/Desktop/Houdini-work/01-project-files/test_citygml_TOP_import_05221831.hipnc.

C:\Users\lzlcn>C:

C:\Users\lzlcn>cd CUsers/lzlcn/Desktop/Houdini-work/01-project-files/data_rad/

C:\Users\lzlcn\Desktop\Houdini-work\01-project-files\data_rad>oconv CUsers/lzlcn/Desktop/Houdini-work/01-project-files/data_rad/materials.rad CUsers/lzlcn/Desktop/Houdini-work/01-project-files/data_rad/sky.rad CUsers/lzlcn/Desktop/Houdini-work/01-project-files/data_rad/geometry.rad 1>CUsers/lzlcn/Desktop/Houdini-work/01-project-files/data_rad/input.oconv
The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

C:\Users\lzlcn>C:

C:\Users\lzlcn>cd CUsers/lzlcn/Desktop/Houdini-work/01-project-files/data_rad/

C:\Users\lzlcn\Desktop\Houdini-work\01-project-files\data_rad>rtrace -h -w -I+ -ab 2 -aa 0.15 -ar 128 -ad 512 -as 256 CUsers/lzlcn/Desktop/Houdini-work/01-project-files/data_rad/input.oconv 0<CUsers/lzlcn/Desktop/Houdini-work/01-project-files/data_rad/sensor_points.pts 1>CUsers/lzlcn/Desktop/Houdini-work/01-project-files/data_rad/results.txt
ERROR: The attempted operation failed.
Error: Cook error in input: ../../s
Error: Invalid source /obj/topnet1/ropgeometry1/s/s/radiance1/radiance_rtrace1
Error: Python error: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “<stdin>”, line 131, in <module>
File “<stdin>”, line 122, in execute
IndexError: tuple index out of range
7 posts
ah, solved the issue, I forgot to ask the python to create separate files for each work item, stupid me!
  • Quick Links